ACT JUSTLY. LOVE MERCY. WALK HUMBLY.
Through our mission outreach, we share the spirit of Christian love to those in our local community. Our United Methodist connectional giving impacts lives for Christ across the globe. By means of these works, God changes our lives as well. Some of our ongoing outreach projects are listed below:
Community Missions Team
We reach out by providing basic construction improvements to homes in the Waco area. People’s lives are transformed through enhanced living conditions. Typically, we partner with Friends For Life and its clients. Our outreach team works during Spring Break.
Neighbors Feeding Neighbors
Food insecurity is a prevalent issue among some of our immediate neighbors. Our food pantry is open once a month to provide shelf-stable items to help meet this need.
This year, we are excited to launch a new partnership with our neighborhood school Parkdale Elementary.
- To support WISD's priority on reading as a key to educational success, we offer opportunities to be a reading partner with any grade level student or a pen pal with a fourth grade class member.
- To safeguard eligible students and their families from hunger during the Christmas holiday, we collect and deliver boxes of nutritional meals. Stockings and gifts for each child brighten the holiday.
- Parkdale leaders are planning ways that the children can give back to the community by joining us in a service project.
We have an ongoing Cans for Caritas ministry. Each month, donations are delivered to serve their clients residing in McLennan County.
Seasonally, we collect items to serve parents and children who are qualified through Mission Waco:
- This year we supplied backpacks and school supplies for the Back to School Backpacks drive.
- In 2017, volunteers for the Biker Toy Run who collected the donations were overwhelmed to receive bicycles and loads of toys for children of all ages.
Operation Christmas Child
To extend our outreach throughout the world, our members generously embrace this mission and demonstrate their love of children. We are already collecting boxes and are well on our way to exceed the boxes we collected in 2017. See their mission here.