Visiting a new church can be intimidating, and we want you to feel comfortable when you visit! We are a church where everyone is welcome, regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey. We hope the information below will provide answers to some questions that may be on your mind.
1201 W. Hwy 6 in Waco. You can access us either by the service road or from Bosque Blvd. through the Hillcrest Wellness Center parking lot. Here’s a map and driving directions.
You may park in any available space in our parking lot, being mindful of dedicated spots for those with special needs. Designated First-time Guest Parking is located at the front entrance of the facility.
- The 8:30 a.m. Cokesbury service in the sanctuary is traditional style with familiar hymns, meaningful liturgy and Holy Communion weekly.
- The 11:00 a.m. Covenant service in the sanctuary is a less traditional service with a mix of classic and modern hymns led by talented vocalists and accompanied by piano and organ. Holy Communion is formally celebrated the first Sunday of each month and informally on each additional Sunday of the month.
- In the United Methodist Church, all are welcome at the Lord’s Table, regardless of denominational affiliation, church membership or belief. All are welcome to experience the gift of grace offered to us through Jesus Christ.
We believe it is important for families to worship together, so children are always welcome. Childcare facilities are available for infants and toddlers. Also, a cry room is available at the rear of the sanctuary.
Classes for all ages are offered at 9:45 a.m. See the options.
- 9:30 – 9:45 a.m. Join us for coffee and hospitality in the Fellowship Hall.
We want you to feel comfortable. Some of our folks prefer to wear their “Sunday best,” some wear jeans, and most fall somewhere in the middle. Our Pastor wears jeans on the last Sunday of the month.
You’ll find that Cogdell is a friendly church. People are warm and genuine. At the door, you will be offered a worship bulletin with an outline of the service including activities and announcements for the week. Greeters will assist you in finding your way around the church and with seating in the sanctuary. Wheelchair accessible seating is available.
Greeters will help you enter comfortably. If you need to leave early, no one will complain if you slip out.
An asterisk in the worship bulletin will alert you. If you are not sure what to do, just follow everyone else or, if you prefer, you can just remain seated throughout the service.
- Yes, live transcription of the service is projected on a screen located at the front of the right-hand section of the sanctuary.
- Large print hymnals are available.