History

newroad

700 block of New Road

In November of 1954, a gift of land was made by D.M. Cogdell and Leo H. Bradshaw, Sr., in the 700 block of New Road for a new church. Rev. James M. Cooper was appointed pastor in June 1955. With 164 names on the Charter Certificate, the congregation moved into the New Road location in September of 1956.

 

 

 

 

hwy6

1201 W. Highway 6

Forty years later, in 1996, the New Road facility was sold, and on May 19, 1997, the first services were held at 1201 West Highway 6. Groundbreaking ceremonies for the sanctuary were held on March 30, 2003, and on June 13, 2004, the first service of worship was held there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cogdell Pastors
1955 to 1964 – Jimmy Cooper
1964 to 1965 – G.W. French
1965 to 1966 – W.S. Fisher
1966 to 1968 – Bob Evans
1968 to 1970 – Frank Turner
1970 to 1975 – Hiram Johnson
1975 to 1985 – Lloyd Sansom
1985 to 1996 – Glenn Jones
1996 to 2000 – John Aymond
2000 to 2002 – Steve Langford
2002 to 2005 – Howard Martin
2005 to 2010 – Kay Hawkins
2010 to 2015 – Doug Blackford
2015 to current – Lori Cotton